- A negotiable security is said to have good marketability if there is an active secondary market in which it can easily be resold. The New York Times Financial Glossary
* * *marketable mar‧ket‧a‧ble [ˈmɑːktəbl ǁ ˈmɑːr-] adjectivemarketable goods, services, skills etc can be sold easily because people and organizations want them:
• It's a long, uncertain path from the laboratory to marketable drugs.
• Because he has no higher education or marketable work skills, he is limited to unskilled jobs.— marketability noun [uncountable] :
• The reason for the discount is the lack of marketability of the shares.
* * *marketability UK US /ˌmɑːkɪtəˈbɪləti/ noun [U]► MARKETING the fact of being easy to sell: »
We want U.S. manufacturers be able to compete in foreign countries in terms of price and marketability.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
marketability — marketable, marketability An attribute that may or may not be associated with a security. A security is considered to be marketable if it is readily salable to buyers in an active secondary market. As defined by the Office of the Comptroller of… … Financial and business terms
marketability — noun The likelihood that something will sell; market appeal. This is a beautiful house with high marketability. Syn: marketableness … Wiktionary
marketability — /ˌmɑ:kɪtə bɪlɪti/ noun the fact of being able to be sold easily ● the marketability of shares in electronic companies … Dictionary of banking and finance
marketability — noun see marketable … New Collegiate Dictionary
marketability — See marketable. * * * … Universalium
marketability — (Roget s Thesaurus II) noun Market appeal: marketableness, salability, sal ableness. Slang: sell. See DESIRE … English dictionary for students
marketability — mÉ‘rkÉªtÉ™ bÉªlÉ™tÉª / mÉ‘Ëk n. ease with which a certain product can be purchased or sold; ease with which a marketing strategy for a certain product can be developed … English contemporary dictionary
marketability — mar·ket·abil·i·ty … English syllables
marketability — See: marketable … English dictionary
marketability — Salability. The probability of selling property, goods, securities, services, etc., at a specific time, price, and terms … Black's law dictionary